The Latest Technologeez

Rants On...

A World of Dance

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Myspace or Bust!

A while back, I opened a dialog with someone at Myspace to run advertisements for Gadget Universe. The price tag, I will not divulge, but everything is negotiable anyway. I pitched the idea to the powers that be at Gadget Universe, and the result was a resounding no. To me, it should be a no-brainer. You take the largest social network on the planet and mix in some cool gadgets. Heck, Gadget Universe should have its very own myspace profile, with bulletins about the latest innovations and blogs about the insane antics that take place in the office.

Yet the powers that be don't want to cough up the measly amount of money to run a full campaign on myspace to learn a little. A few months later, I get a call from Paul Gasser at Next Action, and he's pitching me on an idea for a new eCommerce solution they have. I won't go into too many details about how it works, but it is a rather ingenious idea (mostly because it is identical to an idea my friend Michelle Denogean and I developed about 8 years ago).

Here we are a few months later. Gadget Universe just implemented the new advertising campaign. I'm minding my own business on myspace: blogging about Brett Favre's completion record and Christians Gone Wild when suddenly... in the middle of my myspace adventures... up comes an advertisement for Gadget Universe. What can I say? Someone up there must really like me. Now, I just need to keep my fingers crossed that it will actually payoff so I can go pitch them on a full run with Myspace!


No comments: